Dr. Karina Jędrzejowska becomes a member of the WISC Governing Board
The Fifth Global International Studies Conference was held on April 1-3, 2017, in Taipei. It was co-organized by the World International Studies Committee (WISC) together with the Taiwan Association of International Relations (TAIR) and the Department of Political Science of the National Taiwan University (NTU).
During the Congress the WISC General Assembly gathered in order to elect the new WISC Governing Board. Dr. Karina Jędrzejowska was elected as a member of the WISC Governing and Treasurer for the forthcoming two years.
Governing Board of WISC:
- President – Gunther Hellmann (Goethe University; German Political Science Association – DVPW)
- Executive Secretary – Roberto Dominguez (Suffolk University; Mexican International Studies Association – AMEI)
- Treasurer – Karina Jędrzejowska (Uniwersytet Warszawski; Polskie Towarzystwo Studiów Międzynarodowych)
- Board Member – Arie M. Kacowicz (Hebrew University of Jerusalem; Israeli Association of International Studies – IAIS)
- Board Member – Arlene B. Tickner (Universidad del Rosario, Bogotá; Colombian International Relations Network – REDINTERCOL)
Beginnings of the World International Studies Committee (WISC) go back to 1993 when a series of meetings of representatives of national and regional associations of international studies was initiated by renowned IR scholars, among whom was Barry Buzan. Since 2017 WISC has been registered as an association. Polish International Studies Association (PTSM) is a founding member of WISC in its present formula. As of today, there are 25 association member of WISC, inclusive ISA, EISA, or CEEISA. More: https://www.wiscnetwork.net/.
Since 2005 WISC has been organizing International Studies Conferences. In the fifth conference in Taipei participated six representatives of the Institute of International Relations (ISM). Moreover, one of sections of the conference was coordinated by dr. Anna Wróbel and dr. Karina Jędrzejowska (S53: Governance of Global Economy, Trade and Finance).