European University Centre at Peking University
Since 2009 the Institute of International Relations has been a part of the European University Centre at Peking University, the highest ranked university in China. The Centre will have its office on the main campus. This is the first European university centre of this character that has been established in China.
Apart from our Institute and Peking University the following European universities are members of the Centre:
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki,
- Lund University,
- Paris Universitas (an alliance among Paris Dauphine – Paris 9, Panthéon-Assas – Paris 2, Paris Sorbonne – Paris 4, Sorbonne Nouvelle – Paris 3, Pierre & Marie Curie – Paris 6),
- Universidad Autónoma Madrid,
- Università degli Studi di Milano,
- Université de Strasbourg,
- University College Dublin,
- University College London,
- University of Vienna
- Uppsala University
- Aarhus University
Research and academic profile
The Centre focuses on the following activities:
- Joint research projects, programmes and courses between the involved European universities and Peking University, within various disciplines and faculties;
- Exchange programmes;
- Cooperation between the participating European universities, Peking University and other research universities and research institutions in China such as CAS and CASS;
- Service for researchers, staff and students visiting Peking University.
- The European University Centre at Peking University, together with the School of Government and the Center for European Studies at Peking University has twice now organized a course in European Studies. The course is designed for Master’s and Ph.D. students at Peking University and focuses on different aspects of Europe from a political, economical, social and cultural perspective. The course includes teachers from several of the Member Universities part of the European University Centre at Peking University and also organizes study visits to European institutions/organizations in Beijing.
- In December 2012 Professor Edward Haliżak, director of the Institute of International Relations, held lectures for MA and PhD students. Topic. New Trilateralism: USA-EU-China.
- In 2012, December, dr Jakub Zajączkowski, held lecture for MA and PhD students about EU-Asia relations.
- In 2011, Paweł Sokala, MA from IIR took part in second Council meeting of network
- In 2010, December, Dr Jakub Zajaczkowski held lectures for Phd and MA student of Peking University. Topic of lecture: EU Policy towards Asia; Evolution of EU-China relations
Coordinator at IIR
dr Jakub Zajączkowski (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Website of European University Centre at Peking University